Dallas is a city that constantly reinvents itself, which makes it tricky to describe but fun to explore. From an outsider’s perspective, Dallas is the city of cowboys, mavericks, and stars; tall skyscrapers surrounding national monuments; BBQ, steak, and some of the best tacos in the country; and Big Tex welcoming everyone with a big Texas howdy. Dallas has a lot more than this going on, and we’re going to explore some of Dallas’s exciting neighborhoods in today’s post.
Whether you’re coming here to live in a trendy Dallas apartment, or you are interested in visiting the area, you will find plenty to see and do in Dallas.
There is a reason why so many people want to find an apartment in Uptown. Uptown is the pulse of Dallas, where there is always something going on. From great food to a vibrant nightlife, Uptown welcomes you to explore via the McKinney Avenue Trolley or the DART, Dallas’s public transportation system.
A few other highlights:
- Craving some delicious food? While restaurants come and go, Nick & Sam’s and Truluck’s have become institutions and favorite destinations for food lovers. If you love brunch, then Bread Winners is a must-visit.
- You can also find Southern Methodist University in Uptown. The prestigious university is one of the best ranked in the South. Aside from its prestige, it is constantly named one of the prettiest campuses in the country.
- Nature lovers will spend countless hours at Klyde Warren Park, perfect for outdoorsy-types and food lovers thanks to a variety of food trucks. If you want to escape the sun, you can always hit up trendy shopping destinations and boutique stores.
Compared to the bustle and entertainment options of Uptown, East Dallas might seem like a little sleepy area of Dallas; however, residents know that East Dallas has a lot happening. The place for beautiful neighborhoods and East Dallas apartments, the area is also the home of the Dallas Arboretum, White Rock Lake, and Lakewood Theater.
- If you want to stay in the East Dallas area and are looking for something to do, head for White Rock Lake. A popular destination for boating and more, White Rock is a natural paradise in the Dallas area.
- Craving something delicious? You can find everything from authentic tacos to Thai food in East Dallas. Ask a local for their favorite restaurant destination.
- The Dallas Arboretum blossoms every year with a dazzling display of flowers. Take a walk through this beloved Dallas attraction, located just a few minutes away from your East Dallas apartment!
As Dallas expands outwards in virtually every direction, residents living around Dallas have seen an explosion in entertainment options, culinary destinations, and more. If you are looking for an apartment in North Dallas, Greystar has you covered.
- If you love movies, North Dallas is your destination, thanks to the Alamo Drafthouse. A movie-lover’s favorite, Alamo Drafthouse offers classics and modern films alike on high quality screens. Visitors can also enjoy movie-themed snacks and drink specials.
- While there is great shopping all around Dallas, North Dallas is home to the Galleria Dallas, a shopping center with virtually unrivaled stores and food choices. You can also head a little bit south to find NorthPark Center.
- If you’re craving a great dining experience, III Forks is a North Dallas favorite or The Blue Fish. However, you should feel free to explore, since the entire 75 North corridor is lined with tantalizing dining choices.
With easy access to downtown businesses and great choices of entertainment and dining, North Dallas has become a popular place to live. Find the perfect North Dallas apartment for you.
South Dallas is undergoing a revitalization as of late. For most of Dallasites, South Dallas is known for Fair Park, home of the Texas State Fair. For residents who live in South Dallas, however, the area is known for its long history.
- By far and away, the biggest draw for South Dallas is Fair Park. Almost every year since 1886, the State Fair takes over Fair Park, bringing with it delicious food, fun games, interesting shops, and much more.
- When the State Fair is not taking place, Fair Park is still a great place to visit, thanks in large part to interesting things that happen there around the year. From concerts to sporting events, Fair Park has something for almost everyone.
Dallas is one of the fastest growing cities in the country, and because of that, our residents always find something exciting to do and experience. With world-class dining options, entertainment, and sporting events, Dallas is one of the hottest cities in the country. If you are planning on calling Dallas your home, find the perfect Greystar apartment for you today.