California Consumer Privacy Statement
This notice is for California residents as required by the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) and is intended to be a supplement to the Greystar Global Privacy Statement. For more information about how your information is collected, used, stored and disclosed, please refer to the Global Privacy Statement.
Personal Information We Collect
Greystar collects the following categories and specific pieces of Personal Information and may collect such items of information regarding California residents:
- Identifiers: name, user/account name, postal address, email address, contact information, internet protocol address, internet cookie identification number, social security number, taxpayer identification number, bank account/credit card number, driver’s license number, passport number, date of birth, picture, resident identification number, device identification number, emergency contact details.
- Personal Information categories listed in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): name, signature, social security number, address, telephone number, passport number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, financial information.
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, veteran, or military status.
- Commercial Information: records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing histories or tendencies, utility bills, insurance claimant name and contact information, credit history, lease information, rental history, rent amount.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: browsing history, search history, internet protocol address, cookie identification number, information regarding consumer’s interaction with a website, internet postings.
- Sensory data: pictures, videos, and sounds.
- Employment or other professional information: current job and past job history, job title, pay history, and income.
We collect this information from you and other sources as described in the Greystar Global Privacy Statement.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
Greystar uses information as described in the Why We Use Your Personal Information section of the Greystar Global Privacy Statement. We disclose certain Personal Information as described in the How And When We Share Your Personal Information section of the Greystar Global Privacy Statement.
California Individual Privacy Rights
California residents may exercise the following rights by submitting your request using this form or by calling 1-877-862-2797.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request that we disclose the Personal Information about you that Greystar has collected, used, disclosed, or sold in the last 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of information we have collected about you.
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we have collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information.
- If we sold or disclosed your Personal Information, we will let you know and list the categories of Personal Information that were disclosed or sold to third parties for a business or commercial purpose.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request that Greystar delete any Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records as permitted and consistent with applicable law.
- Non-Discrimination. Greystar will not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any of their privacy rights under the CCPA by doing any of the following:
- Denying goods or services.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including applying discounts or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or service.
- Suggesting that a consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods and services.
- Authorized Agent. Only you, or a person you have authorized with written confirmation to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. You may, however, make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your child, if they are a minor.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at email@example.com. You may also contact us by postal mail at the following address:
Attn.: Data Privacy
600 E. Las Colinas Blvd.
Irving, Texas 75039