Greystar is excited to announce the results of its 2014 Green Awards program. The program illustrates Greystar’s commitment as an industry leader to minimize environmental impacts through continuous improvement of energy performance and sustainable operating practices.
Over 600 apartment communities participated in the program and 188 communities have won a Green Award. Gold and Silver awards were presented to six properties that demonstrated a high level of performance towards protecting the environment and promoting sustainable practices.
The Gold Level Green Award was received by the following community:
- The Village at West Point, 16682 N. West Point Parkway, Surprise, AZ 85374, www.thevillageatwestpoint.com
Silver Level Green Awards recipients include the following communities:
- 33 West, 6300 SW 24th Place, Davie, FL 33314, www.live33west.com
- Plantation Colony, 8210 SW 12th Street, Plantation, FL 33324, www.plantationcolonyapartments.com
- Regatta, 12635 Scarsdale, San Antonio, TX 78217, www.regattaliving.com
- Upper Kirby, 2300 Richmond Avenue, Houston, TX 77098, www.upperkirbyapts.com
- WaterWall Place, 2801 Waterwall Dr, Houston, TX 77056, www.waterwallplace.com
“Congratulations to all of the award winners and to all participants for making a difference in creating a more sustainable planet,” said Pamela Darmofalski, Director of Advantage Solutions – National Accounts & Sustainability. “We believe that making small changes across a large portfolio can significantly reduce our environmental footprint.”
Twice a year each Greystar-managed community records green initiatives through an online survey. The survey includes seven categories where communities can earn points. When a community reaches a set point level they qualify to receive a Greystar Green Award designation, a distinguished plaque for their office and a designated logo to use on their website. They are also listed on Greystar.com in the Greystar Find an Apartment search as a Greystar Green Community.
“We are honored to be recognized as Gold Level Green Awardrecipient,” said Jennifer McDermott,Community Manager for The Villages at West Point. “It is a testimony to all of the hard work our team has put in this past year to make positive changes to support the environment.”
Below are program highlights that show the collective effort of all the communities that participated in Greystar’s 2014 Green Awards:
- 99% of the communities use only certified recycled paper and recycle all paper in the leasing office
- 89% use tap water, filtered water or a water cooler as alternatives to single-use bottled water
- 65% use organic or environmentally friendly pesticides or fertilizers
- 50% of communities offer comingled recycling to residents
- 49% of apartment homes carry ENERGY STAR dishwashers
- 46% of units have digital programmable thermostats to reduce energy consumption
“An increasing number of residents are seeking out environmentally-friendly living environments. It’s a win-win for everyone if we can meet our customer’s needs and help to conserve our resources for future generations,” said Darmofalski.
To learn more about Greystar Green Awards visit https://www.greystar.com.