Five Quick Tips to Help you Save Water
One of the important aspects of green apartment living is the effort you make not to waste natural resources, such as water. We use water every day, but most of the time – we use too much. The following are five tips that will help you save water:
- Begin taking shorter showers. You can save over 150 gallons of water a month by cutting your shower time by just a few minutes.
- Try to use your washing machine less. Only wash clothes when you have a full load of laundry to do.
- Don’t use your toilet as a trashcan. Every time you flush the toilet you are wasting gallons of water.
- When doing tasks such as brushing your teeth or doing the dishes, don’t let the faucet run. Only turn it on when you absolutely need to use the water.
- Don’t let the water you use to clean vegetables and fruits go to waste. Collect it as it runs and use it to water your houseplants.
These are five tips that will help you save water on a daily basis. Please share with us your ideas about water conservation and green apartment living.