Denver Living Part 2: The Always Hopping Platt Park
Never-too-hot summers, bike-friendly streets and scenic surroundings can really make Denver feel like home. With so many different neighborhoods, it’s easy to find a place that caters to your interests and loves. Bring on the artistic, delicious and exciting Platt Park.
If you have a no-muss, no-fuss mentality, Platt Park is your kind of place. The neighborhood’s biggest claims to fame are its several breweries, bars and distilleries. So, if we’ve piqued your interests, discover the enticing destinations of Platt Park -- and three other Denver neighborhoods (Uptown, RiNo and LoHi) that we are highlighting in a four-part series.
While there is nothing wrong with kitschy plating and Instagram-worthy décor, sometimes the best meals are the ones that you can enjoy from a patio while in a city. Platt Park has this kind of vibe in spades, especially when it comes to eating. There is always a place that leaves you satisfied and returning for more.
- Sushi Den: Try award-winning sushi in the heart of Denver. Drop by Sushi Den for a quality, handcrafted dinner or to take the occasional sushi-making classes.
- Duffeyroll Café: A favorite among locals, Duffeyroll Café is home to some legendary rolls, premium coffee drinks and sandwiches that will get you through the day.
- Kao’s Pizzeria: With an awesome patio, deliciously good food and a welcoming atmosphere, Kao’s Pizzeria is the place to experience good times and good eats.
- Park Burger: Get the burger that started it all at Park Burger. This place is a local favorite, and you can visit its OG location in Platt Park.
- Sweet Cow: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. From its location in Platt Park to its adorable truck, Sweet Cow always satisfies that sweet tooth.
- Tavern Platt Park: With rooftop and street-side patios, Tavern Platt Park serves up food and drink with a view. This eatery is also a great destination to catch a big game or try out the many local brews on tap.
Delightful Drinks in Denver
Whether you’re a beer drinker, wine snob or lover of liquor, Denver has you covered, especially in Platt Park. The neighborhood is home to an eclectic collection of breweries, lounges and bars. The scenic area also features popular distilleries. Whatever your palate prefers, there is something to whet your whistle in Platt Park.
- Platt Park Brewing Co.: Home to the “craft beer with class,” Platt Park Brewing Co. offers a fun location with a rotating catalog of beers. The brewery also serves cocktails and has an on-site restaurant, Gates Deli & Grog.
- The Pub On Pearl: Sometimes you want to go to a bar where everyone knows your name and it feels like home. While The Pub on Pearl can’t guarantee that experience, the regular menu, weekly events and happy hour specials get you as close as you can.
- Declaration Brewing Company: Boasting an entertaining taproom with a rotating menu of beers, a food truck lineup and a location near plenty of shopping, Declaration Brewing Company is a great place to enjoy a cold brew during a fun-filled day.
- Bear Creek Distillery: Whether you’re more into bourbon and whiskey or rum and vodka, Bear Creek Distillery has you covered. Enjoy a selection of spirits mixed into signature drinks at the on-site bar.
- Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey: With drams and cocktails by the plenty, Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey has it all. Take a tour through the distillery, drink a variety of whiskeys and cocktails and attend a special event.
So if a cold beer and patio dining are things you adore, then make yourself at home in Platt Park. The neighborhood also has the usual city signatures including scenic parks and a local farmers market, Pearl Street Farmers Market.
The craft beer community in Platt Park is so strong that it has an annual Oktoberfest. And, the neighborhood is also home to the BrewGrass Festival.
Set yourself in the heart of Platt Park and make The Henry Apartments your home. Take in the mountain air and enjoy a cold one in this laid back part of town.
Other Blog Posts You Might Be Interested In
- Food trucks aren’t just popular in Platt Park. Check out these cities (with Greystar apartments) that have the best food trucks in the U.S.
- Greystar’s Denver office has been recognized as a Top Workplace for 2019 by The Denver Post. Learn more about this award and check out career opportunities.
- Looking to accessorize your own bar cart? Here’s what you’ll need.
The information presented on or through this Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to this Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Any reference to amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures at a Greystar apartment community is general in nature, and each Greystar apartment community may have amenities, services, rules, policies, and procedures that differ from those referenced on this Website. Please consult with your Greystar apartment community for the exact amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures applicable.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Greystar, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Greystar. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.