Easy Kitchen Clean-Up with One Pot Pizza Pasta Bake
Lifestyle August 16, 2016
There’s nothing more rewarding than eating a tasty, home-cooked meal. Unfortunately, home cooking can come with some big messes. But cleanup doesn’t have to make your heart drop with a handy one-dish recipe. Check out the video below to see how to make a one pot pizza bake with easy cleanup.
One Pot Pizza Bake Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces spicy Italian sausage, casing removed
- 1/2 cup pepperoni, divided
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Optional: Chopped Onions
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add Italian sausage and cook 3-5 minutes. Crumble & brown as you cook. Once browned, drain excess fat.
- Stir in 1/4 cup pepperoni.
- Stir in tomato sauce, oregano, basil garlic powder, pasta and 1 1/2 cups water.
- Optional: Add onions. Then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer until pasta is cooked through, about 12-14 minutes, then remove from stove.
- Top with mozzarella and remaining pepperoni.
- Place into oven and cook until melted (about 2 minutes).
- Serve hot. Optional: garnish with parsley.
Recipe courtesy of http://damndelicious.net/2014/08/16/one-pot-pizza-pasta-bake/
Looking for more mouth-watering recipes? Check out this blog with other yummy one pot meal ideas.