Denver Living Part 4: The Foodie Highs of LoHi
Denver’s array of colorful and trendy neighborhoods creates a beautiful palette of culture and style. Lower Highlands, also known as LoHi, adds a modern scene to this already diverse landscape. The vibrant food scene and exciting nightlife, along with its location near downtown, make it a must-live destination.
The neighborhood is extremely dog-friendly, and it seems like almost everyone has a pup and lives for outdoor experiences and patio dining. So whatever reason has you wanting to move to Denver, LoHi can be your next home. So, if Uptown is for shoppers, RiNo is for artists and Platt Park is for beer enthusiasts, LoHi is for the foodie.
Tantalize Your Taste Buds in LoHi
Perfect for the foodie, LoHi’s dining scene blends unique flavors, farm-to-table ingredients and traditional favorites. Whether looking for brunch, ice cream or something a little more fancy, you can find it in this metropolitan neighborhood. The only hard part will be figuring out where to start.
- El Five: Take in the stunning views of the city as you enjoy tapas and cocktails in this popular LoHi restaurant.
- Senor Bear: This Latin-inspired restaurant serves meals with authenticity and elevated execution, perfect for a casual dinner or lunch.
- Root Down: Great food and a chill vibe are waiting for you. The restaurant is a LoHi favorite and serves up a variety of dishes including vegan and vegetarian options.
- Little Man Ice Cream: A local classic, Little Man Ice Cream serves that namesake dessert while featuring the atmosphere of American nostalgia.
- Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox: Brunch, dinner and happy hour -- Ophelia’s Electric Soapbox has it all. Plan your visit accordingly and you might catch a live band take the stage.
- Highlands Street Fair: A free summer block party happens in LoHi once a year. The Highlands Street Fair is home to a variety of vendors including food and art.
Excitement Awaits in LoHi
With a central location just outside of Downtown, LoHi has a welcoming community that is always down for a good time. From the monthly movie night at Avanti to the prohibition-style speakeasy at Williams & Graham, there is an abundance of fun to be had. Step into the cavalcade of bars and destinations and discover something exceptionally fun in LoHi.
- Avanti Food and Beverage: Inspired by European markets and the food truck collections, Avanti Food and Beverage is a hub of some of the most popular restaurants and bars in LoHi.
- Williams & Graham: Class and sophistication are mainstays at Williams & Graham. The wall of spirits and diverse menu of handcrafted cocktails make it a great place for post-dinner drinks or a first date. The bartenders will even create a bespoke cocktail based on your tastes, preferences and mood.
- Occidental: If you like a little edge and counterculture in your bar scene, Occidental has what you’re looking for. Order from the diverse menu of drinks and pair your libation with the many guilty-pleasure food options available.
While their food game is strong, LoHi also has more to offer. The neighborhood is home to the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival and Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus. Like the rest of the city, LoHi is extremely bike-friendly. As a tradeoff for its minimal parking, the neighborhood has multiple light rail stations. LoHi is perfect for the person who wants an easy commute but hopes to maintain some distance from the office Downtown.
If the food of LoHi already has you salivating, consider moving into Infinity LoHi or Alexan LoHi and you can start calling yourself a Denverite now.
The information presented on or through this Website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by you or any other visitor to this Website, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents. Any reference to amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures at a Greystar apartment community is general in nature, and each Greystar apartment community may have amenities, services, rules, policies, and procedures that differ from those referenced on this Website. Please consult with your Greystar apartment community for the exact amenities, services, rules, policies, or procedures applicable.
This Website may include content provided by third parties, including materials provided by other users, bloggers, and third-party licensors, syndicators, aggregators, and/or reporting services. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials, and all articles and responses to questions and other content, other than the content provided by Greystar, are solely the opinions and the responsibility of the person or entity providing those materials. These materials do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Greystar. We are not responsible, or liable to you or any third party, for the content or accuracy of any materials provided by any third parties.