Greystar Wins 2021 PERE Global Awards in Three Categories
CHARLESTON, S.C. – March 1, 2022 – Greystar Real Estate Partners, LLC (“Greystar”), a global leader in the investment, development, and management of high-quality rental housing properties, is pleased to announce that it has been recognized by Private Equity Real Estate (“PERE”) as the winner of the 2021 “Residential Investor of the Year, North America,” “Residential Investor of the Year, Europe,” and “Residential Investor of the Year, Asia,” PERE Global Awards. Greystar was also nominated for “Residential Investor of the Year, Global,” “Firm of the Year, North America,” “Industry Figure of the Year, North America,” and “Deal of the Year, North America.”
“Achieving a win in three major regions is a testament to the strength of our global business and the incredible work our team is doing every day,” said Wes Fuller, Executive Managing Director of Greystar. “With significant transactions such as the acquisition of The Finger Companies portfolio, The Fizzy Living portfolio, completing the acquisition of Thackeray Partners, and the 30-property fund disposition of a U.S. multifamily portfolio, 2021 showcased the resiliency of Greystar and its people. We are excited to embrace another year of success and growth and look forward to what 2022 will bring as we continue to advance our platform and global leadership position within the residential rental housing industry and beyond.”
The company accomplished significant milestones last year, including:
- Acquired a $2bn Sunbelt apartment portfolio from The Finger Companies and the outstanding shares of Dallas-based Thackeray Partners.
- Orchestrated one of the biggest portfolio exits in multifamily history with the disposition of a ~$3.6 billion fund.
- Launched its first pan-European discretionary real estate fund.
- Announced a €1bn ‘develop-to-core’ venture with a global institutional investor to build multifamily rental housing across Germany and Austria.
- Acquired Fizzy Living portfolio from Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing, which includes management of nearly 1,000 operational homes and addition of 30 new employees from Fizzy Living.
- Raised $936m for the Greystar Australia Multifamily Venture Fund I.
PERE is the leading publication for the world’s private real estate markets. Its annual awards recognize the industry’s most elite people, firms and deals across a variety of distinct categories. The winner of each of award is determined by industry participants through a highly controlled voting system.
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment management, development, and management of rental housing properties globally. Headquartered in Charleston, South Carolina, Greystar manages and operates approximately $230 billion of real estate in 215 markets globally including offices throughout North America, Europe, South America, and the Asia-Pacific region. Greystar is the largest operator of apartments in the United States, manages more than 754,000 units/beds, and has a robust institutional investment management platform with approximately $49.9 billion of assets under management, including $22.6 billion of development assets. Greystar was founded by Bob Faith in 1993 with the intent to become a provider of world-class service in the rental residential real estate business. To learn more, visit www.greystar.com.
Greystar Media Inquirieszain.email@example.com