With the holidays quickly upon us, we have a million things to get done. The kids are finishing up school for the year and will need some activities to keep their minds and bodies active, while still allowing you the necessary time to prep for the crazy days ahead! There are many activities that are perfect for this time of year both in your apartment and outside. See below for several ideas!
- Go on a nature walk teaching your kids about different things you see and even letting them pick up some items, such as leaves, rocks, twigs, or anything else their imagination touches. Once you get home, help your kids use the items they picked to make art for family coming into town, place decorators for the table or even something to hang on the fridge.
- Put on some holiday music and have your kids teach you their best dance moves. This is guaranteed to bring a smile to everyone’s face!
- Have your kids get their hands dirty and help you out in the kitchen. Cooking with kids is a fabulous way to engage them and get a little help with your holiday treats. Allow them to help measure, mix and even come up with unique flavor ideas for salads or cookies. Kids love getting messy and will absolutely love helping you out.
- Get a gingerbread kit (or make your own) and let your kids help decorate it however they want.
- Let your kids help decorate the apartment by giving them some holiday art supplies and letting their imagination run wild. Everyone will love the homemade, festive touch!
- Kids can be a great help when it comes to wrapping. Put your perfectionist pants aside and let your little ones put their own special touches on your holiday packages this year!
- Take a break from all the cooking and cleaning and read your favorite holiday story or watch your favorite holiday movie with your kids. We all need a break sometimes and this is the best time of year to snuggle up on the couch with your loved ones.
There are endless ways to keep your kids entertained this season, for some more fun apartment activities for kids over the holiday weeks, click here. We at Greystar hope your holiday season is filled with joy, laughter and an abundance of love!