Immerse yourself in the energy of Midland. While often described as one large loop leading to major roads, this little slice of West Texas is one big opportunity – and we’re not just saying that because former President George W. Bush once lived here. So shine those boots and get ready to shake some hands because here, there’s always a new place to see and be seen.
With oil and gas being the city’s bread and butter, new talent is arriving here every day. But healthy employment opportunities aren’t the only reason more people are heading west. Midland offers the unique anomaly of being a growing city without losing its sweet, small-town charm.
No matter how you spend your days or where your interests lie, when you take up residence in our Greystar apartments in Midland, TX, you’ll never be far from places that power your personality.
History buffs will quickly find their happy place in this well-preserved city. Whether interested in the military or aviation, you’ll find plenty of spots to plug into your curiosity. Forget the books and head to:
- The Petroleum Museum: Take a journey through 230 million years of history as you explore the exhibits and galleries that tell the story of energy and its impact on our lives.
- Permian Basin Vietnam Veterans Memorial: Honoring the 225 men from the 30 West Texas Permian Basin counties that died in service during the Vietnam War, this memorial will inspire numerous emotions.
- American Airpower Museum: Preserving the legacy of all Americans who have served our country to protect our freedom, this impressive museum educates the current generation through a collection of operational aircrafts, exhibits and programs.
- Odessa Meteor Crater and Museum: Get up close to the second largest meteor crater in the United States at this fascinating attraction.
- Museum of the Southwest: Deepen your knowledge of art, history, culture and science at this all-encompassing museum that takes creative approaches to allowing visitors to discover.
- George W. Bush Childhood Home: Plan a visit to the childhood home of America’s 43rd president, George W. Bush.
With lots of sunshine and little humidity, Midland invites residents to take a break from technology and rediscover the great outdoors. Start a basketball game, take a hike, make a splash, or swing ‘til the sun goes down. Your next adventure awaits at:
- Beal Park: Let the kids enjoy hours of fun on the playground and rock walls, then finish off the day feeding the ducks that occupy the park’s scenic pond.
- Bradford Park: With basketball, volleyball and a horseshoe pit, Bradford Park is a favorite for all ages.
- Hogan Park Golf Course: Perfect your swing while enjoying 18 holes of manicured greens. A top-notch pro shop and restaurant complete the experience, giving golfers something to enjoy before or after a game.
- Tiki Island Water Park: Cool off from the Texas heat at this inflatable water park, featuring a variety of themed rides, slides and water activities for making a splash.
- Grasslands Park: With multiple playgrounds for all ages, Grasslands Park is the perfect place to release energy or simply enjoy an afternoon picnic.
- I-20 Wildlife Preserve: Get a little closer to nature as you explore the beautiful trails that make up one of Midland’s most beautiful areas.
Fuel your appetite with Midland’s rich restaurant scene. From family-owned joints to large steak houses, choose from endless eateries to keep up your energy.
From soccer to saddle riding, this spirited city offers plenty of reasons to keep its residents cheering. Find a sport to follow every season of the year.
Pick up steam when it comes to your shopping game. With popular department stores and one-of-a-kind boutiques, Midland makes it easy to experience the thrill of a new find.
We’d love to have you as a resident in one of our Midland apartment communities! Check out Greystar’s Wall Street Lofts, Sundance Creek and The Oasis at Pavilion Park and experience Midland’s energy for yourself.